It was the great Marilyn Monroe who announced that diamonds are a girl’s best friend. How did diamonds become so popular?
Why are they everyone’s favorite gemstone? Read on to discover the top 5 reasons why diamonds can be considered a girl’s best friend, and how you can protect your diamonds.
- The word diamond is actually derived from the Greek term for “unbreakable.” This stone is perfect for an engagement ring which is typically used to signify the unbreakable bond between a couple before their nuptials.
- Of all of the diamonds in the world, over 57% come from Africa alone. Diamonds form over 250 miles beneath the Earth’s crust, and mines in Africa have the resources to find the most brilliant and strong diamonds in the world.
- It is believed that the first diamond was gifted as an engagement ring it 1477 by the Archduke Maximilian of Austria to his bride Mary of Burgundy. If it weren’t for this ground breaking instance, we may not receive diamond engagement rings today!
- The most valuable diamond in the world is the pink diamond. A 1989 Christie’s Auction in New York reported that a 3.14 carat Argyle pink diamond sold for over $1.5 million!
- Diamonds are loved because of their volatile nature. Even after many years of constant wear, diamonds continue to preserve their shapes and edges while other stones tend to wear and chip. When they say that “diamonds are forever,” they’re not lying!
Protecting your diamonds is as simple as storing them in a locked safe when you’re not utilizing them, not leaving rings or necklaces lying around, and hanging them from strong chains with intricate clasps.
If you’re looking for more protection from theft, fires, and more, it’d be wise to check the limits on your renter’s insurance or homeowner’s insurance policies. It’s possible that your diamonds aren’t protected at their full value. If this is the case, it’s easy to receive a low-cost insurance policy on your diamond jewelry.
Contact us at North Broward Insurance Solutions today for more information on jewelry insurance. We can provide affordable, low-cost jewelry insurance anywhere in Margate, Coral Springs, Parkland and all across the state of Florida.